Thursday, September 17, 2009

{Speechless}

My baby boy was sworn in last friday {9/11} as a City Policeman and I'm so very proud.

This is the same child I refused to buy a toy gun and they go and give him a REAL one! It's been his desire to be a police officer ever since he was a little boy. YES I'm afraid for his safety, but I try to remember that The Father does not give us the spirit of fear {Romans 8:15}. Please pray for him, the other recruits and all the lawmen, service men and women everywhere.

Thank you Lord for giving my child the desires of his heart.

Lisa

6 comments:

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

Okay, let's start with the fact that you look like his sister, rather than his mom... whatever you're putting in the food over there, you should bottle it!

Secondly: Congrats to your baby boy... that's awesome news. May God keep him in SAFE CARE.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

You DO look like you could be his sister!! I know that you are just as proud of him as you could possibly be. I'll pray for his safety also. Congratulations to him on achieving his dream!

Shawn Jackson said...

You can not be this young man's mother. Wow! You are a beautiful example of what a loving mother can do to encourage the life purpose of their children. God Bless you and keep your family in His Care.

Sheri said...

Good job, Mom!

A gal from the woods said...

We took the same seat last year as our daughter was installed into the police dept. I held back gulps of pride and fear....God Bless you both!

Mrs. Chic said...

I did a double take, I was like wow thats her sons and not brother!! Congrats to your son!!